RESTORATIVE YOGA & MEDITATION FUNDAMENTALS
This training will provide you with new tools to take with you to your practice, teachings and daily life. The intention of it is to inspire you to live life at a higher vibration, with awareness, acceptance of yourself and others, and care for the planet Earth.
This Teacher Training is designed in a way that you can complete it within one year (this is highly recommended to use the intensity of it for the process of reseting your life). In case that, for personal reasons you need to take longer to complete it, there is the option to do so.
Veda Ela’s Restorative Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training is more than just a Teacher Training. It’s also a Life Training that uses the language of yoga and other disciplines to embark in a journey of Self-inquiry and Self-discovery.
More information about the why and how of this training, please visit: www.vedaelayoga.com.
A vegan soup will be provided during lunch. This is included in the price, as well as complementary tea and water during all training days. This training is taught in English and is part of the Yoga Alliance Continuing Education certification.
Below you will find more information about the different Fundamentals. For dates and signing up, please scroll to the bottom of the page. Not working properly? Try the MindBody Online website.
CONTENTS OF FUNDAMENTALS I:
* Introduction to Restorative Yoga
* Restorative Yoga floor orientated poses and Yin Yoga poses
* The use of “props” in Restorative Yoga and its modifications
* Breathing exercises in a Restorative practice to support the holding of the poses and the cleansing process
* Mindfulness & the meaning of letting go during the Restorative Yoga poses
* Meditation and Meditation techniques
* The benefits of Meditation
* “The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Translation by Sri Swami Satchidananda (Read with special attention on the 8 limbs)
* “Relax & Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times” by Judith Hanson Lasater
* “The Orange Book” by Osho
* “Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga” by Rolf Gates & Katrina Kenison
CONTENTS OF FUNDAMENTALS II:
* Review of Contents Fundamentals I
* Restorative Yoga floor-oriented poses and Yin Yoga Poses
* Visualisation: Directing the power of the Mind towards healing and wholeness
* Exercises of Self-Inquiry: Working with the Zen koan “Who Am I?”
* Alignment & yoga Adjusting through touch (“hands on”) in Restorative Yoga
* Practicing & developing teaching skills: verbal instructions, tone of voice and guidelines towards focus and attention.
* “Relax & Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times” by Judith Hanson Laster
* “Awakening the Spine” by Vanda Scaravelli
* “Yoga Nidra” by Swami Satyananda Saraswati.
* A book on “mindful touch” from the student’s choice.
Contents of Fundamentals III
* Revision of Contents Fund.2
* Restorative and Yin Yoga Poses
* The use of music during a yoga practice
* Observing other teachers in Restorative Yoga and Meditation classes
* Healthy Life Style: restoring and re-setting the body into its natural ways of healing
* Watch the documentary: “THRIVE: What On Earth Will It Take?”
* A book of the participant’s choice on Meditation techniques
* “Eating for Beauty” by David Wolf
* “Chakras & the Archetypes .Uniting Energy Awareness & Spiritual Growth”. By Ambika Wauters.
Content of Fundamentals IV
* Review of Contents Fundamentals 3
* Practice of Yin Yoga asanas and Restorative Yoga Asanas
* General Anatomy in the practice of Yin and Restorative Yoga
* Methods for Body Cleanse & Detoxing process
* Environmental awareness and the contribution of yoga teachers to a more kind and friendly planet
* Body movement and emotional release: from movement to stillness
* Reflection and the practice of Silence and Meditation
* Main essential skills of a yoga teacher in the practice and teaching of Restorative Yoga
* “Light on Yoga” by B.K.S. Iyengar
* “The Heart of Yoga. Developing a personal practice” by T.K.V. Disikachar
* “Yoga Mind, Body & Spirit” by Donna Farhi
* “The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga” by Bernie Clark and Sarah Powers
* “Yin Yoga” by Paul Grilley
* “Insight Yoga” by Sarah Powers and Paul Grilley